Car Accident Lawyer Beverly Hills, CA
If you have been hurt in a vehicle collision, you may want to speak with a car accident lawyer Beverly Hills, CA residents trust. You may be entitled to compensation. At Seber Bulgar Law, we are dedicated to helping our clients get the justice they deserve.
Common Distractions That Lead to Car Accidents
Distracted driving is one of the most common causes of car accidents. Drivers need to keep their eyes and attention on the road ahead at all times. Here are the most common distractions that lead to car accidents.
- Using a smartphone. Unfortunately, some people still use their smartphones while behind the wheel. Whether they are calling someone or responding to a text message, using a cellphone while driving causes motorists to take their attention off the road. It is one of the most common distractions that results in car crashes.
- Eating. If you’re running late in the morning, you may decide to eat your breakfast as you drive to work. However, doing this forces you to take your hands off the wheel, increasing the risk of an accident.
- Using a GPS. Nowadays, many drivers depend on a GPS system to help them get to their destination. Unfortunately, handling a GPS while behind the wheel can take your attention off the road and increase the chances of an accident. If you have to use a GPS, listen to the directions instead of constantly looking at the screen.
- Talking to passengers. If you have passengers in your car, it feels natural to talk to them. However, you can’t allow your conversation to divert your attention off the road. While a little bit of small talk might be fine, try to avoid talking about anything too deep.
- Grooming. If you are running short on time, you may also feel tempted to comb your hair or put on deodorant when you’re driving. Grooming can take your eyes off the road and hands off the wheel, making an accident more likely.
- Daydreaming. Most people daydream from time to time. However, it is not a good idea to do this while you’re behind the wheel of a vehicle. If you’re zoning out, you may not be able to pay attention to the road.
If you have been in a car accident, schedule a consultation with a car accident lawyer in Beverly Hills, CA.